During the summer months, producers will assemble groups, choose screenplays, and shoot their shorts. If you, as a writer, want to produce your own short, RMM is here to help. We can also set up producer meetings to aid in any production issues.
If you are interested in working on one of the RMM Summer Shorts as Director, Producer, Crew or Actor stop by any RMM meeting and sign up. No experience is necessary. We are looking especially for producers and editors.
Script Reading Event
Script-A-Palooza kicks off the season at our March general meeting.
Multiple parts from multiple scripts can be auditioned.
Got issues to discuss? ┬áContact Stan to arrange a meeting. stan AT rochestermoviemakers DOT org
Short Films are produced
April through August
Summer Shorts are screened
At a special “Shmoovies!” screening the following summer.
Here are three good release forms for any filmmaker to use. It’s very important to get people’s permission up front — actors, crew, everyone — so there are no misunderstandings later on. Also, when it comes time to submit your film for distribution, you may be asked to prove you have releases.
- Script Use Agreement v2 PDF
- General Music Release ver2 PDF
- General Location Release ver2 PDF
- General Crew Waiver and Release ver2 PDF
- General Actor Waiver and Release ver2 PDF
- Rochester Special Events Application 2012 PDF – Necessary if you want to close down streets to shoot. This doc may be out of date, so contact the City of Rochester or the Rochester/Finger Lakes Film & Video Office for the latest application.